Women are very observant – they notice everything about a man’s appearance. If you can follow 3 basic beauty tips to men’s beauty and grooming then there is hope for you!
Do you need a little help in the men’s beauty department? If so, it’s OK, I’m here to help.
Women are very observant – we notice everything about a man’s appearance. These things influence our decision to date you, or take you as a lover.
So, if you want to improve your status with the ladies ,or if you want to be sexier for that special lady – this is the post for you. Here are the basics:
- Women like men that smell good
- Women like men that take pride in their appearance
- Women like men that are clean and well groomed
Guys, if you can follow these 3 basic guidelines to men’s beauty and grooming then there is hope for you!
A well groomed man is a sexy man. The following male beauty and grooming tips will keep you manly, but make you sexier…let’s get started!
Beauty Tip #1: Get Rid Of Dry, Rough Skin
So, your the guy with the “rugged” good looks, but you also have dry, rough hands. Sorry to tell you – but this is not good!
Here’s the problem: although it may be delightful to look at, women cringe on the inside when you touch them with rough hands.
Guys, your hands should not feel like cheese graters. Women want to be touched by a man with soft hands. They don’t have to be baby soft, but they should not feel like sandpaper!
You need to find a safe and effective way to moisturize your dry, rough skin. You don’t need an elaborate skin care regimen.
Just warm up a little unrefined coconut oil or jojoba oil in your hands and apply that anywhere you have dry skin…or invest in a good moisturizing body-lotion – moisturizing the entire body is a plus!
If you want to go the extra mile, you can give the absorption a boost and increase your moisture intake by removing the top layer of dead, dry skin cells from your hands or body first.
Sprinkle a little baking soda into your regular face cleanser or shower gel (also you can add the baking soda to your hands each time you wash your hand instead of putting it directly into your cleanser bottle).
Beauty Tip #2: Improve The Look of Your Skin
Cleansing your face with an exfoliant gets rid of dead skin particles and leaves your face feeling smoother and looking great.
It can also help prevent black heads, acne, and ingrown hairs. An apricot scrub doesn’t cost a lot money and it works nicely to clean skin and minimize pores – this stuff works great!
Beauty Tip #3: Minimize Wrinkles
Keeping your skin exfoliated (scrubbed) and moisturized will do a lot to minimize and prevent wrinkles.
The real key to youthful skin, though, is your diet (and hydration, of course).
What not to eat:
- Cut back on meat and dairy products, which can age your skin. If you don’t think you’ll ever completely give up your “meat and potatoes” type of diet, you don’t have to. Just eat less meat (no more than once per day), and look for grass-fed animals, these are organic options.
- Skip coffee and caffeinated tea because they can dehydrate your skin, among other problems.
- Sugar and artificial sweeteners. Use Stevia or raw honey instead.
- Fried foods (this one’s a no-brainer, right?)
What to eat more of:
- Cabbage. It contains tons of vitamin C and some vitamin A, too, both of which help erase lines. It also detoxifies the blood, and the fiber helps push waste and toxins out of the body. Too many toxins in your body can actually show up on your face, making you look older than you are. Try eating some raw sauerkraut before dinner a few times per week.
- Eat, or drink, pears to get rid of nasolabial folds. Just be sure you use organic pears and eat the skin, since that’s where most of the anti-aging nutrients are.
- Watery vegetables or fruits help with hydration, which in turn will make your skin look more youthful.
Beauty Tip #4: Get Rid of the Under-Eye Bags & Dark Circles
I understand that some eye problems can be a result of fluid retention, or stress (in addition to the more obvious lack of sleep) and not always due to partying.
Here is a way to flush out some of the fluid to improve the look of your eyes…munch on celery!
Celery works in two ways: it acts like a mild diuretic to encourage excess fluid to leave the body and it reduces stress hormones.
To attack problems from the outside, you can freeze spoons overnight and then apply them to your eye area every morning.
Chilled raw potato slices placed under the eyes for around 20 minutes can help reduce dark circles because they contain catecholase, a skin-lightening enzyme.
If you’re especially worried about aging and dry skin around your eyes, you can try an all-natural eye cream.
Beauty Tip #5: Whiten Your Teeth Naturally
Here’s another reason to lay off the coffee and black tea. They stain. Avoiding them will help you maintain your bright smile.
One of the biggest things women notice when they first meet a man, right after smooth, clear skin, is a gorgeous bright smile.
It doesn’t matter if you’re male or female this is important. Michelle Phan has a DIY recipe that uses strawberries to whiten teeth.
One word: strawberries. That’s right – according to Michelle Phan and Health.com, strawberries contain malic acid, which acts as an astringent to remove surface discoloration on your teeth.
Next time your teeth need a pick-me-up, give this easy DIY treatment a try…Ingredients:
- 1 strawberry
- ½ tablespoon baking soda
- Crush the strawberry to a pulp-y consistency
- Add in baking soda until blended
- Use a soft toothbrush to spread the mixture onto your teeth
- Leave on for 3-5 minutes
- Rinse and brush thoroughly with toothpaste
- Floss out any stray strawberry seeds
NOTE: It’s best to apply this treatment only once a week – the acid can damage the enamel on your teeth if you overdo it.
No matter how often you clean your teeth, they can become stained from drinking tea, coffee, smoking, and eating certain foods.
There are many different ways to whiten your teeth but the cheapest and most common option is to use a whitening toothpaste: although it might take a little longer than other methods, it will give you a brighter smile in two to three weeks.
Beauty Tip #6: Manicures for Men
Manicured nails look great on anyone! When you’ve got black stuff crusted underneath your nails, your not turning any woman on!
When a woman encounters a man with uneven, dirty nails, she’s wondering where has that hand been?!
Guys, this is not something you want.
Fortunately, you don’t have to break the bank to get yourself a good manicure. Your mother and your sister, if you have one, have been doing their own nails for years, and I am sure that they will gladly help you: all you have to do is ask.
Plus, these days men go to nail salons to get their nails done all the time, so don’t think twice about it.
To enhance your well-manicured nails, a spot of clear nail polish or varnish will make them look even cleaner.
Beauty Tip #7: Manscaping
To shave, or not to shave is a matter of personal taste; if it feels right, then go ahead and do it, but if it doesn’t, then don’t.
You can manage hair growth on body parts by trimming the hair now and then with scissors or an electric groomer, taking care not to endanger your chances of having children in the future.
If you do plan on removing unwanted body hair, read this article on manscaping for additional tips, there is also a video in the link for the first-timer.
Beauty Tip #8: Lose Weight with an Alkaline Diet
To lose weight, you need to give your body the best fuel, and eat foods that will help push the toxins out.
Once you start to focus on whole, cleansing foods, your body will begin letting go of the fat that’s there to protect you from the chemicals and toxic waste you’ve accumulated from poor eating habits.
Eat more foods that steer your body into a more alkaline state, which will help you drop the pounds more rapidly. Be sure to get more of these in your diet:
- Leafy greens (including sea vegetables)
- Ripe fruits
- Non-starchy vegetables
- Alkaline-forming grains, like quinoa and millet
You may also want to consider having a gravity-centered colonic to remove some of that old, acidic waste (never use laxatives for this purpose).
Consider incorporating a high alkaline diet along with moderate exercise into your lifestyle. Also, eat less fried and sugary foods.
Being healthy on the inside reflects on the outside guys…when you look good, you feel good, and you are oozing confidence. Then all that is left is to enjoy your life.
- Photographer: Phil Halfmann
- Creative & Art director: Sophia Lenore
- Lead Wardrobe Stylists: Yui Iida
- Assistant Wardrobe Stylist: Carmen Alonso
- Hair & Makeup Team: Reem Jarhum, Vasiliki Alex and Andra Durnea